I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren't trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.
--Foucault's Pendulum, Umberto Eco

Sunday, January 25, 2009

3 Musketeers

When I first saw the trailer for Slumdog Millionaire where the 2 boys didn't know who the third Muskeeter was, I knew that was going to be the million dollar question, or in India's case, the 20 ruppee question. I was like: This is SSSSOOOOOO Green Wing. I'm a self-confessed Caromac or Maroline or whathaveyou shipper and would never forget how Mac and Guy deliberated on the name of the third Musketeer while being literally in the pinnacle of death, on a seesaw trip in a bus over a cliff.

Every time I watch Irrfan Khan, I just love him more and more. Oh and as for Dev Patel, when I saw him I can't help but think OMG, that's the guy who got bilked by a Russian prostitute into rescuing her from her own husband!

I am not one of those people who watch movies just to escape reality or to be entertained. From time to time, I do feel the urge and I think one should know which movies to watch. But I love movies that show poverty and how life is shit too. In fact, I believe movies can't quite capture how shitty life can get. Just when you think life can't get any more shittier, it surprises you with the assurance that yes it can. So hurrah!

No comments: